Sunday, November 15, 2009

November = Cyclocross fun = pain/suffering



Last weekend was the big hootenanny in Fort Worth.

Saturday was the Broken Films Z Boaz race and Sunday brought on the Thinkcash Trinity Park premier race. (premier by txbra.org standards that is)

Both were excellent races, in my somewhat biased and mostly humble opinion.

Both brough a different flavor. Boaz was slower, muddier, and a little more technical. Trinity was fast and flowing, with one fairly technical section and a lot of grass and a dragstrip start/finish.

Both brought beer. Fat Tire and Blue Moon Saturday and local favorite Rahr on Sunday. I made sure to partake of a few.

And both DEFINITELY brought on the pain.

I raced both days and had a blast, as it seems several others did as well.

RTP has a good writeup and some video, so check it out here

Unfortunately I didn't see Steve A for a chance to say howdy, but as is apparent from the above, he had a great time.

The weather was nice and while the wind was strong it was actually nice for Saturday as it kept the circus freakshow mosquitoes at bay.

The only downside is I had a freak mechanical which caused me to crash and burn hard on Saturday, losing a few spots without time to regain. I wasn't in the lead group so I was already out of the money, literally and figuratively, so not a big deal except that I have some pretty sore spots on my body a week later, and a few points seem suspiciously slow to feel at all better. Have to keep an eye on these things and be a little careful not to go down and possibly make matters way worse.

Ah yes, the fun of cross.

Sunday went better, had a solid race, good finish and managed to miss every crash that happened in front, beside and behind me.

If you were there, you saw a good time. If not, you missed a good time and also the domination that was Bryan Fawley on Saturday and ultimately, Sunday. That dude is fast on the cross bike. damn fast.

I think he is a major player in the races next weekend in Dallas.
Three, countem, THREE big days (actually two big days and a big night) of cx joy, pain and happiness in the city east of FtW. check it out here

The only thing missing from the cross season so far is Euro-cross style weather. Personally, I am fine with that. Kills me to be racing in 70 degree weather in November. Now if I can kick this cold that snuck into me promptly after finishing last Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment